When the accounting period is over, the accounting period must be closed and the financial statements prepared. Before closing the period, it is necessary to check certain things, below are some examples:
- Does the bank's accounting balance agree with the account statement balance?
- Does the purchase ledger balance correspond with the accounts payable in the accounting?
- Does the sales ledger balance correspond to the sales receivables in the accounting?
- Are there any purchase or sales invoices whose contents belong to the next period? Or are there invoices that have been received for the next period, but whose contents belong to this period? Then you have to make profit adjustments.
- Are the depreciations made and are they a maximum of 25% of the remaining expenses?
Many of these things are checked by the system itself, but if you feel that you want help with this, you can contact one of our own accounting experts or a partner takes care of the matter.
When the report is ready, it is easy to get a PDF file containing the financial statements.